This weekend started off as a regular and fun weekend. My mom was down for the weekend so Friday DJ and I had a fun night out with Luds and Shannan. Saturday the girls spent the morning in wayne, had lunch then hit the king of prussia mall. Saturday night DJ and I had another fun night out with some of my school friends at a PTO silent auction. Who would have thought we would end the weekend at Bryn Mawr Hospital!
Sunday morning Paige woke up crying around 8:00am. When I went in her room the poor thing had thrown up and was very, very lethargic. She would only open her eyes for a few seconds before closing them again and going back to sleep. DJ and I took her to the ER and in the ER doctors seemed very nervous. One of the first things the nurses did was set up the IV in Paige's arm. It took them 3 tries and Paige barely cried. After she started getting some liquids and glucose Paige perked up for a little, but after a little while she was back to sleeping. They did a cat scan which results came back negative. Next, they did a spinal tap which would rule out a lot of scary bacterial infections and other yucky stuff. Paige was admitted into the hospital at about 1:00pm. When we got to the room she seemed a little better and by evening she was smiling, jumping on her bed, waving to nurses and blowing kisses to the doctors.
Monday morning came and Paige's tummy wasn't feeling very great. She spent most of the day unhappy and with a lot of yuck diarrhea=( The doctors thought it would be a good idea to keep Paige another night until she was able to keep more food inside and have another night with the I.V. Tuesday morning Paige was feeling a lot better!! She was able to keep more food in her belly and was walking around and getting back to her old self. After another test the Doctors diagnosed Paige with the Rotavirus.
The past few days have been a rollercoster. Sunday morning my world stopped and I couldn't believe what was happening. I couldn't understand how my happy, healthy 15 month old baby could be laying in a hospital bed and I had no idea why or what would happen next. I only wish and pray that Paige continues to get better and stay healthy. Please God, continue to watch over our little bird. She is precious.

Sunday afternoon, Paige in her hospital bed.
Sunday night jumping and dancing in bed. Yes, they make baby hospital gown.
While in the hospital Paige watched a lot of Elmo. This was Tueday morning when Paige was feeling better and finally walking around again.
Paige had fun walking up and down the halls before we left. One of the nurses said it seemed like she was running for office;-)

6 comments:
What a scary awful weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She sure was a good patient though. We love the little bird and we're happy she's feeling better and ready to play again!
-Aunt Lia and Uncle Stevie
my little love i am SO happy you are now back to your old self... it made me sad when you were sick. may God continue to Bless and keep you safe. i love you SO much.
paigee-poo only you can make a hospital gown look good :) :) you are SO cute... I LOVE YOU!!
We're so happy the little bird is up and bouncing around. Give her hugs and kisses from us.
xoxo
The Dutkiewicz Family
oLittle Nugget Pumpkin!!!
oLittle Nugget Pumpkin!!!
Post a Comment